My youngest daughter celebrated her 1st anniversary this week. Now there’s a romantic story if I’ve ever heard one. *happy sigh*
Her tale has all the elements of a fabulous contemporary romance:
- a strong, beautiful heroine battling the scars of an abusive past relationship (internal conflict and motivation not to trust her instincts where men are concerned)
- a dashing, brave hero in a dangerous profession who has admired her for years and is determined to grab this chance to convince her he’s worthy of her love and trust.
- an exciting external conflict complete with ticking clock: she needs to take things slow, to rebuild her trust in human nature; he needs to speed things up, to convince her of his love before he’s deployed overseas to active combat.
- a complication to overcome: she’s on the west coast, he’s stationed on the east coast.
- a fabulous HEA as they tie the knot in an intimate ceremony high in the Rocky Mountains.
What a great plot! Too bad it’s my DD’s life. Somehow I don’t think she’d appreciate me hijacking it for a romance novel. Sigh.
And you thought romance in the real world didn’t measure up to the novels we write…
Truly an anniversary worthy of celebration!