Granted, I don’t get as much time to read as much as I like anymore. I have my own work to do and payback commitments to honor. (I swear AJ, I will get those last chapters crits up soon) But here are 13 books I HAVE read since January 1.
13) What a Scroundal Wants by Carrie Lofty Love Will Scarlet but this was…okay.
12) Lord Sin by Kalen Hughes Not my normal favorite time period but the story sounded really exciting. Uhm, not so much.
11) The Tennis Partner by Abraham Verghese Wow. Doctors and drug addiction at a stark and frank level, very good read.
10) Touched by Love by Tracy Garrett Surprisingly, a solid satisfying read for me, and I am not western happy.
9) Outlaw Love – Brenda Joyce anthology. Liked some better than others. I wanted Heaven with a Gun to be a longer story. I liked that one best of all.
8 ) Twilight by Stephanie Meyers Maybe I am jaded by adult vampire romances. The story was very very intriguing but Bella needs to go spine shopping.
7) Handyman by Claire Thompson I really enjoyed this one. I liked the emotional evaluation of her men. They were more in their head than in their pants
6) Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen GO BUY THIS BOOK. NOW.
3) Crash into Me by Jill Sorenson Good, not difficult to figure out but the relationships were solid and very believable
2) BUTTERFLY SWORDS by Jeannie Lin – no book link because it has not been published yet but I read this as a beta read. She just finaled in the Golden Heart contest and I will say I knew her when!!
1) The Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman Gripping and oh so compelling. *sigh* I love that series.