I’ve been cruising the blog-o-sphere for tips on revision. After all, one can never have too many tools in the toolbox when a challenging rewrite comes your way.
Here are a few of the articles I’ve gleaned:
- Devon Monk posted a great list of revision questions over at Deadline Dames.
- On her blog, Ilona Andrews posted a series of critiques / suggested revisions for opening scenes. Interesting stuff.
- Agent Nathan Bransford has also posted a Revision Checklist. Always good to look at the process through an agent’s eyes *lol*
- And on the other side of the professional fence, Editor Unleashed provides 5 Evergreen Editing Tips.
- For an in-depth look at revision from a multi-published author, try Holly Lisle’s How To Revise A Novel.
- Finally, no round-up of revision techniques would be complete without my all-time favorite: Holly Lisle’s One-Pass Manuscript Revision. LOVE that article.
Well, that’s it for Revision Round-Up. If you’ve found other tools in other posts, please tell me about them in the comments. As I said at the beginning, you can never have too many tools in reserve.