Mundane

My characters, I’m realizing, have rather mundane jobs. None of them have anything out of the ordinary. I’ve heard the joke before that 70% of all romance heroes are cops/detectives, which is funny…and probably true. In case you’re wondering what the other 30% is, in my opinion I think it’s split between gentleman rancher, shiek, and shifter. (And sure, in romance, I’m convinced being a shifter and a shiek is a paying job.)

Alright, all kidding aside, my characters are so…bland. At least their professional aspirations are. They’re managers or teachers or military guys. Very simple, very “every day.”

What’s the most unique job a character of yours has had? How about one that you’ve read in a published book?

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under writing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s