Less than a week to go and I’m so jazzed I can barely sit still. This happens every year and though I participate in NaNo-esque fast drafts throughout the year, it’s never as exciting as the actual NaNo event in November. I’ve got 7 goals for this year:
1. I want to finish the month with a completed first draft, regardless of actual length — by that I mean 50K or as is my nature, much much longer.
2. I’m putting the writing first. No reading, tv, Facebook, nights out, no Supernatural (because that’s not just tv to me!) until I’ve made word count for the day.
3. Word count. I know it breaks down to 1,667 words a day, but I also know there will be days when I won’t make that. Recently I’ve been averaging 1,200 during a writing session, so this will be a stretch for me. I can rest for the day as long as my actual word count is where it *should* be.
4. I want to finish early. Last year I finished on the morning of the 29th and felt like a champ. I’d like to be ready even sooner than that.
5. I like to get wrapped up in NaNo, but I’d also like to work on at least one other writing project during the month. I think I’m going to try my hand at editing something else to satisfy the hunger of my inner editor.
6. I am going to blog everyday on my personal blog: 1) To Keep Me Honest and 2) To get back to loving my blog again
7. I will NOT burn out. This year has been hard, and since the accident, words are harder to come by, but I’m going to take a page out of my sister’s book: I’m going to Go Big, or Go Home.
Good Luck to all Fellow NaNo-ers
26,593 /310, 000